Thursday, November 6, 2008

Long Island is Upstate

ROCHESTER - The worst use of my ears by candidates this year was Senator Joe Robach telling my neighborhood association that if we flip the State Senate to Democrat, downstaters will control everything. Guess what? They do already! I am not sure what map Robach, the Democrat and Chronicle, and other Republican toadies are using, but Dean Skelos is from Long Island, which to me, is considered downstate. In fact, downstaters consider Long Island downstate. So if Senate Republicans buy their influence back, the Senate will be left with Long Islander Dean Skelos ruling. On my map, Long Island is further away from Rochester than Harlem, Lower Manhattan and Queens. To sum up, flip, no flip, downstate holds the power. Which has a certain logic to it anyway considering that is where a great majority of our fellow New Yorkers live. Monroe County wouldn't let Chili run the County, would they?

No comments: