Thursday, January 10, 2008

First Post

ROCHESTER - Blogs are now a dime a dozen and usually worth less than a Sabres fan opinion on anything. Not here though, where thought provoking genius will be dispensed generally twice a month. Maybe that is stretching the truth a tad, since my stubborn Irish background lends itself to strong opinions, but through community involvement, I have learned enough to shoot my mouth off. Most people wouldn't bother, but Rochester is worth shooting off for.

My name is Dennis and I am addicted to Rochester. There, I said it. Admittedly, I have only lived in one other place (Dublin), but I have traveled from coast to coast and throughout Europe. I am lucky to have experienced all I have so far because it makes me appreciate our great city. Have you ever been to a wedding and the best man gives a toast that mentions the bride and groom breaking up and getting back together (if you love something, let it free, if it comes back, it is meant to be, right?)? That is the joy of living here after living elsewhere. You can really appreciate what we have.

In that spirit, I have decided to get off on a positive note and just share 'My Rochester' with you. It is nothing more than a list of some of my favorite aspects of Rochester.

Favorite local team: Rochester Amerks
Favorite restaurant: Pomodoro
Favorite bar: Jeremiah's
Favorite Irish bar: Carroll's
Favorite pizza: Chester Cab's Chicago style
Favorite BBQ: Beale St
Favorite charity event: Polar Plunge for Special Olympics NY
Favorite beverage: Genny Light
Favorite random activity: Laser light shows at the Planetarium
Favorite place to people watch: Monroe Avenue between Oxford and Goodman
Favorite touristy activity: Seneca Wine Trail
Favorite park: Cobb's Hill

There you have 'My Rochester'. After this I promise to be a little more informative. As for now, I will bask in the honeymoon period of my new blog before I piss someone off with my liberal ways.

No comments: